OPHP provides preliminary assessment, evaluation and treatment referral, and monitoring services for potentially impaired providers who may be suffering from mental illness, co-occurring or stress-induced disorders. Often times, OPHP is able to connect the provider with appropriate outpatient resources. In some instances, a more formal evaluation and treatment process may be indicated. Following or concurrent with any indicated evaluation and treatment, OPHP may recommend a monitoring agreement. Such monitoring agreements are individualized with a typical duration of two to three years. Monitoring services may include:
1. Psychotherapy and/or professional coaching
2. Medication management, when indicated
3. Volunteer peer monitor engagement
4. Toxicology testing, as indicated
5. Regular meetings with OPHP Case Managers and Medical Director
6. Feedback on participation in wellness activities and other health related indicators
OPHP reviews reports from various agencies, monitors, therapists, and treating professionals to monitor program compliance in concert with the items described. When appropriate, OPHP advocates for the provider regarding employment, insurance, and legal issues. OPHP is also able to advocate for participants to their respective regulatory Boards.